|Born on May 15, 1957, in the village of Pabiržė, in the Biržai district.
Finished Secondary School No. 27 in Kaunas, in 1984, graduated from the Faculty of History of the Vilnius State Pedagogical Institute (now the Vilnius Pedagogical University).
In 1984–1986, he worked as a scientific worker at the Alytus Local Lore Museum, Merkinė Branch; in 1986–1990, as a manager of the Varėna regional department of culture; in 1991–1993, as a scientific worker, ethnographer at the Dzūkija National Park; in 1994–1997, in the services under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania.
From 1997 he heads the Museum of Genocide Victims and is the Deputy Director of the Memorial Department of the Genocide and Resistance Research Centre of Lithuania.
He guided the preparation and implementation of new expositions at the Museum of Genocide Victims, devised a concept of the Memorial Complex in the Tuskulėnai Peace Park, published articles and made reports at scientific conferences.
His interests include the history of the Army in Independent Lithuania, and he collects photos relating with the theme in question.