2019 m. balandžio 26 d.
Paieška
Biudžetinė įstaiga, Didžioji g. 17/1, LT-01128 Vilnius, įm. k. 191428780. tel. (8~5) 231 4139, faks. (8~5) 279 1033, centras@genocid.lt
Versija spausdinimui
Geistautas Gečiauskas
Lietuvos partizanų Tigro rinktinė: pavaldumas, struktūra ir veikimo teritorija

1. LLA–LP–LLKS Tigro rinktinė 1944 m. spalio mėn. buvo steigiama kaip visų Utenos, Zarasų, Švenčionių ir Svierių aps. veikusių Vanagų junginys. Iki 1945 m. vasario mėn. pradžios rinktinė priklausė LLA Vilniaus apygardai, o 1945 m. vasario–birželio mėn. rinktinės štabas veikė LLA apygardos štabo teisėmis. Nuo 1945 m. rugpjūčio mėn. rinktinė priklausė LLA 4-ajai Vytauto apygardai, nuo 1945 m. rugsėjo iki 1946 m. rugpjūčio – LLA Vilniaus apygardos 5-ajai apylinkei – LLA 5-ajai Didžiosios Kovos apygardai, nuo 1946 m. rugsėjo iki 1951 m. gruodžio – LLA–LP–LLKS 3-iajai Vytauto apygardai (1947 m. rugsėjo–1952 m. birželio mėn. – kartu BDPS–BDLS-LP–LLKS Šiaurės Rytų Lietuvos - Rytų Lietuvos (Karaliaus Mindaugo) sričiai).


2. Tigro rinktinės nariai skirstyti į du sektorius – Veikiantįjį ir Organizacinį (šiam priklausė civiliai rinktinės nariai). Pagrindinis rinktinės kovos vienetas buvo iš 2–4 būrių sudaryta kuopa; nuo 1944-1945 m. žiemos iki 1946 m. rugsėjo (?) rinktinė taip pat skirstyta į dvi–tris kuopas jungusius batalionus. Kuopų vadai pakluso rinktinės vadui ir štabui, kurį sudarė rinktinės vadui pavaldus štabo viršininkas, rinktinės vado pavaduotojas, vado adjutantas, karo tribunolo – karo lauko teismo pirmininkas ir keletas štabo skyrių bei poskyrių viršininkų.


3. 1945 m. sausio–kovo mėn. Tigro rinktinę sudarė mažiausiai 14 kuopų ir rinktinės štabo apsaugos dalinys. Nuo 1945 m. birželio mėn. iki 1947 m. pabaigos rinktinei priklausė 6–8 kuopos. 1947 m. pabaigoje ankstesnėje rinktinės veikimo teritorijoje liko penki menkai susiję junginiai – 1946 m. birželio mėn. nuo Tigro rinktinės atskilusi LLA Rytų grupė, jai pavaldi Puščios grupė ir LLA Tigro rinktinės Švyturio, Gintauto ir Paberžio kuopos. 1948 m. rugpjūčio mėn. vėl susivienijusi LP–LLKS Tigro rinktinė nuo tų metų rugsėjo skirstyta į štabo dalinį ir 7 kuopas, nuo 1949 m. rugsėjo – į štabo dalinį ir 8 rajonines kuopas, nuo 1949 m. gruodžio mėn. iki 1951 m. pavasario – į štabo dalinį ir 5-2 rajonines kuopas.


4. Tigro rinktinei vadovavo: nuo 1944 m. spalio iki 1945 m. sausio mėn. – Leonas Vilutis, 1945 m. sausio–vasario mėn. – Leonas Basys, 1945 m. vasario–kovo mėn. – Vincas Žaliaduonis, 1945 m. kovo–gegužės mėn. – Benediktas Kaletka, 1945 m. gegužės–rugsėjo mėn. – Jonas Kimštas, nuo 1945 m. rugsėjo iki 1946 m. spalio – Jonas Kamarauskas, nuo 1946 m. spalio (?) iki 1948 m. rugpjūčio – L. Basys (antrą kartą), nuo 1948 m. rugpjūčio iki 1952 m. kovo – V. Žaliaduonis (antrą kartą), 1952 m. kovo (?)–birželio mėn. – Kazys Bukauskas.


5. Iki 1945 m. gegužės pabaigos LLA (Jungtinė) Tigro rinktinė veikė Švenčionių ir Utenos aps., Ukmergės aps. rytuose, Zarasų aps. pietuose, BSSR Vidžių r. ir BSSR Breslaujos, Pastovių bei Svierių r. dalyse. Ne Švenčionių aps. veikusios Tigro rinktinės kuopos maždaug nuo 1945 m. kovo vidurio šiai rinktinei priklausė tik nominaliai.


6. Nuo 1946 m. vasaros Tigro rinktinė veikė vien 1919-1939 m. Lenkijos okupuotoje Rytų Lietuvoje, o jos veikimo teritorija sutapo su rytų aukštaičių tarmės vilniškių patarmės arealu (tai rodo, kad 20 metų trukusi lenkų okupacija vis dėlto nepajėgė nuslopinti Švenčionių krašto gyventojų lietuviško valstybinio patriotizmo). Rinktinės (įskaitant 1946 m. birželio mėn. nuo jos atskilusią LLA Rytų grupę) veikimo vakarinė riba nuo tada buvo Vilniaus-Daugpilio geležinkelis, šiaurinė - Dūkšto miškai ir Druveto ežeras, rytinė – Belmonto ir Varapajevo miškai, pietrytinė - Pastovių-Kamojų-Lentupio-Kliukščionių linija (išskyrus 1949–1950 m., kai dalis rinktinės kovotojų veikė ir kitapus šios linijos), o pietuose Tigro rinktinė nuo pat susikūrimo veikė iki šiaurinės Pabradės vlsč. ribos.


7. Tigro rinktinės veikimo teritorijos branduoliu laikytina teritorija tarp Vilniaus–Daugpilio geležinkelio, Dysnos aukštupio, Medilos žemupio ir Adutiškio–Švenčionių–Švenčionėlių linijos.


8. Tigro rinktinės daliniai stovyklaudavo daugiausia Adutiškio, Ažvinčių, Belmonto, Dūkšto, Gelednės, Labanoro, Minčios, Svierių ir Varapajevo miškuose.


9. Tigro rinktinės veikimo teritorijos dalį, buvusią kitapus 1941 m. nustatytos LSSR ir BSSR administracinės ribos, tiek pačios rinktinės, tiek LLKS Rytų Lietuvos srities bei Vytauto apygardos vadai laikė neatskiriama Lietuvos valstybės teritorijos dalimi. Rinktinės vadovybė nuolat rūpinosi 1944 m. BSSR tekusios Rytų Lietuvos krašto dalies lietuvių reikalais. 
 

The Tigras Brigade of Lithuanian Partisans: its Subordination, Organisational Structure and Area of Control

Summary


In July 1999, during the construction of a road in the Adutiškis forests (Švenčionys region), a bulldozer brushed against an aluminium container full of Lithuanian partisans’ documents. For the most part, they contained the Tigras [Tiger] Brigade’s commanders’ orders, partisans’ reports, lists of partisans and correspondence documents. In 2000, these documents were handed over to the Special Archive of Lithuania. Based on the Tigras Brigade’s archives, as well as on the records of the former KGB Archives of the Lithuanian SSR, and concentrating on the development of both the area of control and organisational structure of the Tigras Brigade, this study analyses the beginning of partisan movement in the Švenčionys area, the formation of the Tigras Brigade, the changes in the chain of command within the brigade and its subunits, exposes the tactics of the Brigade and reveals the role of the Brigade within the Lithuanian partisan movement. The latter was organised in July 1944 when the second Soviet occupation began. The initiator of the anti-Soviet resistance was the Freedom Army of Lithuania (LLA), founded as an anti-Nazi underground organisation at the end of 1941. In the former Švenčionys district, i.e. in the easternmost part of the present Republic of Lithuania, the first LLA groups were formed in 1942, and the majority of the partisans of the LLA in the Švenčionys area were based in forests in summer 1944.


Since its foundation on 22 October 1944 until May 1945, the Tigras Brigade operated in Švenčionys (with the exception of the linguistically Polish Pabradė parish), Utena (with the exception of its southern part), Ukmergė (only in its Balninkai and Želva parishes), and Zarasai (only in its southern part) districts, as well as in the Vidžiai region and in the parts of Breslauja, Pastovys and Svieriai regions of the Byelorussian SSR (in the middle of the 20th century the majority of the population in these areas of the BSSR still spoke or at least were able to comprehend the Lithuanian language). On May 23, 1945, a separate partisan brigade in the Utena district was founded. Since the summer of 1945, the Tigras Brigade’s area of control extended over the Švenčionys district, as well as over the Zarasai district in the parish of Rimšė and over the aforementioned parts of the BSSR. Since the summer of 1946, the Brigade operated only in the territory that had been occupied by Poland in the years 1919-1939. During the years 1946 to 1950, the western boundary line of the Brigade’s area of control went along the Vilnius-Daugavpils railway, the northern one extended across the Dūkštas forests, the eastern one  across the Belmontas and the Varapajevas forests (BSSR), and the southern in the Gelednė forests. The commanders of the Brigade tried to expand its activity as far eastwards as they were able. In this way, they hoped to ensure the integration of a future independent Lithuania with the area that Soviet Russia had acknowledged as the territory belonging to the Republic of Lithuania in the Treary of Moscow in July 1920.


After the foundation of the Tigras Brigade, it first belonged to the Vilnius Command of the LLA. In 1944, about 600 fighters were admitted to the Brigade, and by March 1945, it already had around 700 armed members. Since its foundation, the Tigras Brigade was divided into the headquarters’ squad and into companies, while the latter were made of platoons; during the years 1946 to 1950, the Brigade comprised from 8 to 4 companies. The commanders of the companies were subject to both the commander and the headquarters of the Brigade.


When in January 1945 Soviet security forces destroyed the headquarters of the Vilnius Command of the LLA, the headquarters of the Tigras Brigade also performed the functions of command headquarters for several months. In August 1945, the Vytautas Command of the LLA was founded, which comprised several districts of north-eastern Lithuania. However, in 1945, the Tigras Brigade (about 300 fighters) belonged to this Command only for two or three weeks because in September 1945 it joined the Fifth Region of the Vilnius Command of the LLA, which later became the “Greater Combat Command of the LLA” (its units operated mainly westwards from Vilnius). The period between the autumn of 1945 and the spring of 1946 was the most active time for the Brigade. Special importance should be given to the Vilnius situation at that time: if a war between the Western countries and the USSR had broken out at the time, the partisans of the same command from three directions could have attacked the capital of Lithuania.


In 1946, the process of disintegration of the Brigade began: in June, based on two companies, the so-called Eastern group of the LLA was formed; at first it united some 75 partisans and operated mainly in the Belmontas and Adutiškis forests. When in September 1946 the Tigras Brigade (some 170 fighters) returned to the Vytautas Command, the MGB took much stronger action against the Brigade. In March 1947, the Brigade (without the “Eastern group”, it rejoined the Tigras Brigade only in August 1948) involved some 120 partisans, whereas in autumn of the same year, there were only some 70 fighters left.


Since September 1947, the Brigade was called the “Tigras Brigade of the Vytautas Command of the Area of North-Eastern Lithuania of the BDPS [United Democratic Resistance Movement]”, since May 1948  the “Tigras Brigade of the Vytautas Command of the Area of North-Eastern Lithuania (since November 1948  “of Eastern Lithuania”) of the LP [Lithuanian Partisans] (since February 1949  “of the LLKS [Movement of the Lithuanian Struggle for Freedom]”).


By September 1948, there still were as many as 50, but in January 1952  only some 20 fighters in the whole Brigade. Soviet security services with the assistance of agents among the fighters finally destroyed the Tigras Brigade in June 1952.



Genocidas ir rezistencija, 2006, Nr. 1(19)
© Lietuvos gyventojų genocido ir rezistencijos tyrimo centras.
Sukūrė: „Teratekas”